Not many people would choose black as the main color for their kitchen. This color is not typical for a kitchen but it combines well with other colors and it can help to create a truly beautiful and sophisticated space. Black color design is most often found either in bachelor men’s apartments or in the homes of strong and extraordinary people. From this article, you will learn how to harmoniously decorate the interior and create a stylish black kitchen in it.
Black color means:
What you must know
1. Though for your kitchen to look exactly like this, the black color in the room should be moderate. Filling the space with too much black elements might be a mistake. The interior will become gloomy and not conducive to cooking, eating, or socializing.
2. A lot of black colors in the room is acceptable if you have a spacious and well-lit room, including natural light.
3. For a kitchen in black tones, lighting is a very important component. Any kitchen, regardless of the color of the interior, requires a lot of light. It is difficult to imagine the cooking process without good lighting. A black kitchen will need even more light since black does not reflect light, for example, white or other light shades do, but absorbs it.
I want a black kitchen. Which interior style to choose?
Black is perfectly suitable for:
- Minimalism, where everything should be strict and concise.
- Loft style. Brick walls, concrete, and loft structures look very well with black.
- Industrial style. Black color is perfect for the industrial style with its heavy and rough elements of old machines, lamps, and pipes.
Combinations with black color
1. Black color and wood combination is always a good choice. This combination will make your kitchen look elegant and noble.
2. Another fashionable combination is a combination of black color and stainless steel. This solution, oddly enough, goes well with stucco and classical architectural decor, working on the contrast of classics and modernity.
3. Black color and brass decor also are perfectly combined
4. Black color and bricks in loft interior style work very well with each other
As accent details, you can use dishes, live plants, wooden products. Depending on the chosen color scheme, choose the appropriate shade of textiles. Decorative items should be naturally combined with the design and not stand out from the overall design. In a small kitchen, it is enough to place a few small accents so as not to overload the interior. Let it be an unusual lamp or a set of bright dishes.
Hope that we managed to help you find ideas on black matte kitchen design.